You're looking for the "filter_interface" option for the
ManyToManyField. You can find out more here:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model_api/#many-to-many-relationships

Also, if you specify an ordering meta option on your model, your
ManyToManyField will be sorted by the field you specify:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/model_api/#ordering

Cheers,
Wilson