On Wednesday 14 June 2006 16:41, Guillermo Fernandez Castellanos wrote:

> I've been developping a link model (see at the end of the post, kind
> of personal delicious) , and when I try to use the admin interface to
> add a url, I obtain the following error:
> Request Method:       GET
> Request URL:  http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/links/link/
> Exception Type:       OperationalError
> Exception Value:      no such column: links_link.link
> Exception Location:   c:\program
> files\python24\lib\site-packages\django-0.91-py2.4.egg\django\db\back
>ends\sqlite3\base.py in execute, line 69
>
> It is really curious because the table seems to exist.

Does the column exist too?

> Another question, I've developped a quick tag model (see also at the
> end). Would I be able to use the same tag model for, say, blog posts
> and images at the same time? Or would I have to subclass or use
> different implementation of the Tag class?

Given your implementation, you could use the Tag class with as many
other models as you like.  However, if your Tag class had a ForeignKey
to a specific model, the common way to handle this is described here:

http://feh.holsman.net/articles/2006/06/03/django-contenttype

Luke

--
"Adversity: That which does not kill me only postpones the inevitable."
(despair.com)

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/