Hi,

 I've asked a couple of times on #django about this and although I've
had some friendly attempts to help, I haven't resolved my problem, so I
thought I'd try here.

 I've blogged about the problem at
http://manwiththebones.dyndns.org/wordpress/?p=110, but I'll just
restate the intention here.

 I have a model which contains a URLField and an ImageField. What I
want to do is to populate the URLField and then use that URL as the
reference to an Image to retrieve for processing and storing locally.
This process will need to be triggered in a normal user view, but for
now I am just trying to get this working in the admin. Unfortunately,
it's not clear to me exactly where it is appropriate to put my
processing in the Django framework. I've tried overriding the save
method in my model, but that has problems (see the blog post) and I
would just like some assurance as to where I should really be doing
this stuff because at the moment I feel like I'm just guessing and
hacking.

 Thanks for any help,

 Damian Sinclair