PythonistL wrote:
> Hello Ivan,
> It is intereresting.
> But why do you use/prefer FastCGI to mod_python ?
> I am asking because I used for my Django apps FastCGI with Dreamhost
> but a lot of problems - Apache server used to hang when there were a
> lot of visitors. Now I switched to mod_python and it works great.
> regards,

sometimes you cannot choose :-(

i mean, were you able to run mod_python at Dreamhost?

btw. we are running a normal, commercial, released django application
using apache + fastcgi, and it works ok (read: does not hang :-)

the only thing i'm missing is the server-status info that's available in
apache :-(

and regarding dreamhost +fastcgi.. it might be that it's a
dreamhost-problem, and not a fastcgi one... but i have no experience
with dreamhost+fastcgi (yet :-)

gabor