Jay Parlar wrote:

> Luke, which hosting plan are you using? I know that Shared 2 is the
> minimum for Django, but I'm curious if it's "enough".

I'm on shared 2, which seems to be fine for my needs.  The main thing
that would worry me is the amount of memory, so I haven't used any
caching.  Since my site (www.cciw.co.uk) is low traffic and never
likely to be slashdotted, this should never be a problem.  I imagine
Jacob and Adrian and co will be able to tell you about memory
requirements for adding effective caching, I have no idea.

To be honest, I'd really like to know more about how the memory usage
is limited, and how I can check, and whether I need to do anything.
Right now, for instance, 'ps aux' shows 10 apache instances of mine
each using about 18 Mb, which is a lot more than my 40 Mb limit.  I
know that they will actually be sharing a lot of that, and that the
calculations are actually more complex, but my knowledge runs out just
about there.

Luke