On 22/06/06, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I guess mine was more of a combination. I wrote an interface that was
> similar to the querying interface in Django at the time (0.90 / 0.91
> style). Give it keyword args of what to select and triples describing
> the filtering conditions. So I could write things like
>
>         get_object(values = ['?x', '?y'],
>            where = ['?x has ?y', '?y is red'])

I found myself using Rubys hash objects and string literals to quite
good effect for building quite complex queries, so for example (excuse
the bad code):

Resource.find(:all, :user => {:first_name => 'John', :surname => 'Doe'})

And then you could go one better with:

Resource.find(:all, :article => {
      :user => {:first_name => 'John', :surname => 'Doe'},
      :subject => 'rdf'
})

I wonder how that would look in Python...?

> In my infinite spare time, perhaps...

Hmmm, spare time? What an interesting concept ;)

-Phil