Here is the view:

def select_date_for_pub(pub, template_name=None):
     """
         Given a publication code, generate a view of a calendar with
         dates that can be selected
     """
     date_list = Publication.objects.get
(code=pub).reservation_set.filter(pub_date__gte=datetime.datetime.now
()).dates('pub_date', 'day')

     if not template_name:
         template_name = "select_date.html"

     t = template_loader.get_template(template_name)
     c = RequestContext(request, {
         'date_list': date_list,
     }, context_processors)

     return HttpResponse(t.render(c), mimetype=mimetype)