Hi,

The problem is I want to create a dynamic web page and to build a
dynamic excel file based on the same data used for screen output.

I haven't decided yet on:
a) if the file is built only after a user presses a button in the
rendered page and the request activates another view function;
b) or the file is built automatically at the same time the web page is
rendered.

For b), I've thought of creating a function inside the rendering
function of the view to generate the file, so that I'd have two returns
of functions: one for the web page, another for the file.

Can you give me some thoughts on how to do this, both for a) and b)?

In an experimental attempt, I created all the code to build the file in
a different function at the view file, and used the variable from the
get_list query as global.  It worked as in a), but sometimes the file
generated had data from other request not the user's.  The best approach
seems to be to build the file generator as a class in the model file,
which I've already done, but the problem described in a) and b) remains.

If in a), data for the file has to be the same as rendered to the
screen, even if the user takes some minutes to press the button.

I'd appreciate some insights on this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Luis P. Mendes