I'm in the prototype phase for designing a time tracking/invoicing tool
for my small business. First i'd like to know if anyone has already
done this kind of thing?

If not, i'd like to make something available to other looking for this
kind of functionality.

I should note that this _IS NOT_ for planning or project management.
Its just a time entry, reporting and invoicing tool.

Ok, here is what i've got so far, table wise:

CLIENT - name, address, notes, etc.
PROJECT - name, description - high level
JOB - name, related to a project. (rate)
WORK - hours, date done, by (association to the django USER table).

So, i might have a 'new product page' JOB for the 'web site' PROJECT
for 'wizbang' CLIENT.

I'd then do WORK, which is associated to a JOB. The JOB currently has
the Rate ($/hr).

I also have an INVOICE table to which each WORK row is associated.

I'm not really happy with the INVOICE and WORK associations, or how a
JOB has the rate. I've also just hacked on the django USER association
to WORK.

It works for now, but in looking to make it (possibly) usable for a
wider audience, what things would you change or want to see added?
Don't use the built-in USER? Where should the Rate be stored? What
other var's would you want to have tracked (keeping in mind this is
trying to be a small simple app)?

I know that reports need to go in too, but that can be done once the
schema is defined...

Thanks for any suggestions, hints and comments.

jos