On 6/26/06, Patrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 151,
> in __init__
>     self.converter[types.StringType] = string_literal
>
> TypeError: object does not support item assignment

I don't really know what the actual cause is, and I've seen this
reported several times, but if you are getting this, something is
probably botched with your MySQLdb installation. I recommend using
version 1.2.1, particularly if you are using MySQL-4.1 or newer (a
must-have for MySQL-5.0 or newer).

If you are manually installing MySQLdb (a.k.a.  MySQL-python), be sure
you remove all traces of the 1.2.0 installation before installing
1.2.1; otherwise you will have a mysterious import error involving the
sets module. If you are using some sort of package management system,
this is not likely to be an issue, as it should remove obsolete files
automatically.

This isn't actually a Django issue, so if you still have problems,
follow-up in the help forum over at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python
(http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=70461). (Don't file a
bug; it's a problem with your installation.)
--
The Pythonic Principle: Python works the way it does
because if it didn't, it wouldn't be Python.