> This is very strangely worded. You installed Ubuntu completely on top
> of Debian and then installed Django from SVN again? You're not being
> explicit enough.

Sorry for being unclear. I had debian sarge installed, and I installed
django from svn at that point. Then I wiped my machine entirely,
installed ubuntu, and installed the exact same svn version of django I
previously downloaded (I'm working in a team, and we're trying to use
the same version of django.).

> In your site-packages directory (typically something like
> /usr/local/lib/python24/site-packages), do you have anything
> resembling Django (egg or directory)?

Only the symlink I made called "django" which points to the actual
django dir in my $HOME

I also symlinked /usr/bin/django-admin.py into the
.../site-packages/django/bin/django-admin.py file.

> Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

Thanks for your help.

Craig