On 6/30/06, Jeremy Dunck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So, unless I'm a moron (in the Pilgrim sense[1]), in general, you can expect to get UTF-8 URLs.

Sorry, let me clarify:
In general, you should expect to get -unicode- URLs from the server, and this explanation will hopefully serve to reduce confusion over URL-escaping and how to match non-ASCII URL dispatch.

... And goddamn this unicode stuff makes my brain hurt.
It's been like a perfect storm for me lately.  I've gone years without caring about unicode, but reading about it just cuz I like to know stuff.

In the past week, I've dealt with emails getting cut off, files getting munged, form submissions failing, and regexs not matching, all due to encoding issues (and almost all in conjunction w/ django).  So yeah, I'm +1 on unicodification, because yow, it's already an issue and the least we could do is be explicit about it.  :)