On Jul 2, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Tyson Tate wrote:
>       image = models.ImageField(upload_to="media/portfolio",
> height_field='height', width_field='width', core=True)

That line was my problem. upload_to is not relative to the root, but
to the media/ directory. I set upload_to to "portfolio" and all is well.

However, visiting "http://localhost.com:8000/media/portfolio/
image.jpg" gives me a 404, even though the image is in the directory.

Do I need to add a special line to my urls.py file? My settings are
as such:

MEDIA_ROOT = '/Users/ttate/Desktop/fallingbullets/media/'
MEDIA_URL = 'http://localhost:8000/media/'
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/admin_media/'

TIA,
Tyson