I am in the process of moving my Django project from using the
development server to Apache and mod_python.  I created the PostgreSQL
databases as myself and ran the development server as myself.  Now that
I'm getting stuff going with mod_python, it'll start running as user
"www-data" under Apache.  I would like to allow "www-data" to access my
development database while I verify everything works.  I've found that I
have to grant access to every table that Django wants to query.

How do people manage the user and privilege aspect of a Django
deployment?  Do you all access that database with the same user as
created the database?  Do you grant access to each table that the web
server needs to query?

Nate