I stumbled on some behaviour that I'm sure is explained somewhere but
not in the tutorials so I haven't found it.

I made a global log object for debugging. I noticed instantiating
objects in the view global name space executes before anything else in
the views module on page load, very useful for global containers or
loggers. I also noticed that on subsequent page loads, this code does
NOT get re-executed, and the state of member variables in the global
object are preserved.

Questions: how is this accomplished? Are global objects serialized
behind the scenes in a session indexed table, and if so which one?
Is this behaviour safe to *rely* on for preserving state in an ongoing
session? IE could you safely implement a shopping cart that way? Seems
like very useful default behaviour.

Suggestion, maybe there should be a mention of this in the views
tutorial? Or was there one and I've been cramming this all in to my head
so fast it bled out the other end? ;)

Loving it all so far!
Iain
( And my tendons are sooo happy not to be reaching for [EMAIL PROTECTED]> all
the time! )