On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 02:55 +0000, Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 21:38 +0000, Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> >
> > One of these (all hypotheses related to any topic on the list) is easy:
> >
> >         Hypothesis.objects.filter(topics__in = topics)
> >

> Ah, nice and simple... Somehow I manage to miss that in the docs.
> Initially, this wasn't working on my system, but a "svn up" fixed the
> problem. :)

Oh, sorry.. I should have pointed that out; it is using a slightly new
feature. Russell Keith-Magee added the ability to do queries over actual
objects like this only last week. Previously you had to construct a list
of the id values and pass that in. So on older versions (if you need to
work on them)

        topics_id = [obj.id for obj in topics]
        hypotheses = Hypothesis.objects.filter(topics_in = topics_id)

would work also (in fact, it still works).

Regards,
Malcolm