Assuming "/media/" as the media URL, what I do locally is create a
"media" folder under Apache's htdocs folder and use the Junction tool
described in the first comment on
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/install/ to symlink admin
and application media in there, like so:

junction \Apache2\htdocs\media\js \django_src\django\contrib\admin\media\js
junction \Apache2\htdocs\media\img \django_src\django\contrib\admin\media\img
junction \Apache2\htdocs\media\css \django_src\django\contrib\admin\media\css
junction \Apache2\htdocs\media\contacts \django_apps\nicie\contacts\media

Alternatively, you could just copy the js, css and img folders in there.

Jonathan.