On macrodobe's site, there's a reference implementation of php
receiveing the flash upload. it's php, but you can have an idea of
where things are on the request:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00001591.html

The flash upload capabilitie is pretty nifty... I wonder if there's any
interest of creating a FileField(flash_uplload=True) option and have it
and django as an alternative.

spako:
currently uploads are kept in memory, not streamed. that means if you
are expecting large uploads (+2MB) and are on a shared server, you
might have issues (since most of them hava a memory limit your
processes can use).

patch 2070 is suppouse to work around this, but I couldn't get it
working here.

cheers
arthur