[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Interesting! Nice to see an example of how to integrate dojo and
> django, there aren't many...
>
> Are you building a custom administration interface for Sputnik which
> allows for the reordering of news items by use of this technique?
> Did you try to implement this drag and drop functionality for the
> django admin interface as well?

It's a custom interface for managing news items. The reason for that is
that there is a many-to-many relationship between news items and topics,
and it's in the linking table that we need to do the sequencing. (Within
any topic, news items can be sorted differently. For instance, we have a
home page for people who are on-campus and one for people off-campus,
and sometimes a story is a bigger deal internally than externally, or
vice-versa.)

In order to add the sequence field to the linking table and still do
some other things that we needed to do, we needed to build the admin
interface ourselves.  We haven't tried adding drag-and-drop
functionality to anything in the built-in admin interface yet.

I am hoping to flesh out the blog next week and over the coming weeks.
We've been doing some interesting things with Django, and I would like
to create the kind of "tales from the front" site that I was looking for
a couple of months ago when we first started looking into using Django.
  Thanks for the encouragement.

Dave