while I don't advocate developer's hitting production .. it happens,
and can make life easier

may I suggest you just set up a sudo command to bounce the server?

I would also make it so you have 2 code-bases and the command would
switch to the 'fresh' one.

ie
the script would do something like

cd old
svn up
cd ..
mv old tmp
mv running old
mv tmp running
apachectl restart

and of course have a corresponding 'backout' command which reverses
it for when the developer screws up