I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  I've tried a few things but it
isn't working and I get a 404 error for everything:

def detail(request, slug):
    p = get_object_or_404(Myclass, pk=slug)
    return render_to_response('myapp/detail.html', {'what goes here?':
p })

# it did work with: return HttpResponse("You are looking at post for
the slug: %s" % slug)

I think I have imported everything that I need: HttpResponse, Http404,
render_to_response, get_object_or_404