Ok, got my problem. May be your problem as well, mamcxyz.

I was using the user variable in a menu. In order to make my webpage
as generic as possible, I had defined a menu.html that I included with
a tag:

register = Library()
def make_menu(context):
    pass
make_menu = register.inclusion_tag('sysvortex/menu.html')(make_menu)

I included my menu with a:
{% block extras %}
  {% make_extras %}
{% endblock %}

I discovered that user was not available in menu.html. I then modified
my code like this:
register = Library()
def make_menu(context):
    return context
make_menu = register.inclusion_tag('sysvortex/menu.html',
takes_context=True)(make_menu)

The only thing I do here is to pass the context I receive to the
context of menu.html. And of course... it works... :-P

Hope this helps others!

Guille