On Apr 28, 4:21 am, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:00 AM, HWM-Rocker <olafgla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a TaggedObject that has a GenericRelation to Foo with the name
> > tags. When I am searching something like that
>
> > TaggedObject.objects.filter(Q(tags__tag=1)&Q(tags__tag=4))
>
> > I get no Objects in return. But when I filter with (or) '|' then I get
> > 4 Objects. But I have only 3 objects tagged. So the object, that was
> > tagged with 1 and with 4 will be returned twice?
>
> > Thats strange. Any idea how to create this queries correctly?
>
> > thanks in advance!!!
>
> That query looks for tags which are both 1 and 4 at the same time.
> What you want to do is look for tags which are 1, look for tags which
> are 4, and intersect them.
>
> In other words:
>
> TaggedObject.objects.filter(tags__tag=1).filter(tags__tag=4)

yeah I changed my code, but is there any possibility to do this with
Q, so that I can just execute one query in the end? I want to build a
complex nested search/filter and Q gives me the possibility to negate
queries. Is there a possibility to split those two Q's to behave in a
way that would be useful for my case.

> Cheers
>
> Tom

thx for your tip !!