Hi,

I am working on an applications that is divided into two parts i.e. master,
slave. Master application will be used for handling the slave applications
and will be installed on a single server while slave will be installed on
more than one servers.

Actually i have a django based application (slave) that has roundabout 35
pages and it gets different types of information about that server's
hardware on which it is installed. This same application is installed on
more than one servers and I have to login to this application on each server
to see the info i required. e.g. if I have 10 servers then I have to login
to each of these 10 servers to get the states/info etc.

Now I am going to develop a master application from which i can manage slave
application installed on all servers. Here i need some guideline how to work
on it. The idea in my mind:
- create API calls for slave application that can be called in master
application to get the required info. This requires a bit of work todo.

Is there any way master application can connect to slave application's db
remotely? If yes how to plz. brief discription I need.

The idea in my mind is that if the db can be changed on the fly then why to
use API calls, just connect to dbms on other servers and get the stored
information in master application. Is it right way I am thinking about?

If someone can guide me on these lines or can tell me other ways to do that
type of work please.

Regards,
Kashif