+1 to this. I had similar requirements, and initially went down the road of
pickling a queryset. It became clear quickly that (at least in my case) a
better solution was to have a function that translates a Form instance into
a Queryset. Then serialize the form (or form data) and regenerate the
Queryset that way.

Peter