Hi everyone,

I have two questions about rendering specific design elements, and the
second ties in somewhat with the first.

How do you make a variable available in multiple views (multiple
templates)? For instance, maybe I want the active user object to be
available on each page so that I can render a link as "Sign Out
(the_username)".

How do you specify the display of a design element based on user
permissions? For instance, a link like that one would display as "Sign
In" and point to the auth login view rather than the logout view if a
user were not logged in. Similarly, I would like to display links only
if the user passes the view in question's @has_permission test.

Thanks,
Thomas