Hi everyone,

In my "pages" app, I have the following view function which renders
index.html:

@login_required
def index(req):
    return render_to_response(
      'index.html',
      context_instance=RequestContext(req)
    )

What really has me stuck here is that it doesn't render pages/
templates/index.html, instead it renders dashboard/templates/
index.html. This is not consistent with the lookup order I have seen
in backtraces for missing templates, where the calling app's directory
is the first one checked. I have verified that the correct view
function is being called, so this doesn't seem like a URL issue to me.

Up to this point, all of my templates have been located as I would
expect them to be, so hopefully this is a minor rather than a major
issue with my application.

Here is my directory structure:

% find . -type d
.
./accounts
./accounts/templates
./ads/templates
./dashboard
./dashboard/templates
./db
./media
./media/templates
./pages
./pages/templates
./static
./static/css
./templates
./templates/layouts
./templates/registration

And here are some settings which I think might be relevant:

INSTALLED_APPS = (
  'pnc.accounts',
  'pnc.dashboard',
  'pnc.ads',
  'pnc.media',
  'pnc.pages',

  'django.contrib.admin',
  'django.contrib.admindocs',
  'django.contrib.auth',
  'django.contrib.contenttypes',
  'django.contrib.sessions',
  'django.contrib.sites'
)

TEMPLATE_LOADERS = (
  'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source',
  'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source'
)

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
  'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
  'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
  'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware'
)

TEMPLATE_DIRS = (
  os.path.join(BASEDIR, 'templates')
)