my views.py is
down here which is an extension of
http://bitbucket.org/ubernostrum/django-registration/src/tip/registration/views.py
I am a total newbie here and don't know much about this..kindly
help...

from django.shortcuts import redirect
from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
from django.template import RequestContext
import profiles.utils
from registration.backends import get_backend

def activate(request, backend,
             template_name='registration/activate.html',
             success_url=None, extra_context=None, **kwargs):

    backend = get_backend(backend)
    account = backend.activate(request, **kwargs)

    if account:
        if success_url is None:
            to, args, kwargs =
backend.post_activation_redirect(request, account)
            return redirect(to, *args, **kwargs)
        else:
            return redirect(success_url)

    if extra_context is None:
        extra_context = {}
    context = RequestContext(request)
    for key, value in extra_context.items():
        context[key] = callable(value) and value() or value

    return render_to_response(template_name,
                              kwargs,
                              context_instance=context)

def ug_zero_suffix(form_data):
    return form_data['username'] + '0'

username_generators = [ug_zero_suffix]

# Not a view function (helper function)
def generate_username_suggestions(form_data):

    MAX_SUGGESTIONS = 5
    suggestions = []

    for gen in username_generators:
        for suggestion in gen(form_data):
            if (suggestion != None):
                suggestions.append(suggestion)
                if (length(suggestions) >= MAX_SUGGESTIONS):
                    return suggestions

    # TODO make sure that we handle not generating enough
suggestions
    return suggestions

def register(request, backend, success_url=None,
form_class=RegistrationForm, profile_callback=None,
             template_name='registration/registration_form.html',
             extra_context=None):
                pform_class = profiles.utils.get_profile_form()
                if request.method =='POST':
                    profileform = pform_class(data=request.POST,
files=request.FILES)
                    form = form_class(data=request.POST,
files=request.FILES)
                    if form.is_valid():
                        new_user = form.save()
                        profile_obj = profileform.save(commit=False)
                        profile_obj.user = new_user
                        profile_obj.save()
                        return HttpResponseRedirect('/accounts/
register/complete/')
                    else:
                        form = form_class()
                        profileform = pform_class()
                if exra_context is None:
                    extra_context = {}
                    context = RequestContext(request)
                    for key, value in extra_context.items():
                        context[key] = callable(value) and value() or
value
                return render_to_response(template_name,
{'form':form,'profileform':profileform,'context_instance':context})

def register(request, backend, success_url=None, form_class=None,
             disallowed_url='registration_disallowed',
             template_name='registration/registration_form.html',
             extra_context=None):
    backend = get_backend(backend)
    if not backend.registration_allowed(request):
        return redirect(disallowed_url)
    if form_class is None:
        form_class = backend.get_form_class(request)

    if request.method == 'POST':
        form = form_class(data=request.POST, files=request.FILES)
        if form.is_valid():
            new_user = backend.register(request, **form.cleaned_data)
            if success_url is None:
                to, args, kwargs =
backend.post_registration_redirect(request, new_user)
                return redirect(to, *args, **kwargs)
            else:
                return redirect(success_url)
        #else:
            # generate suggestions which can be passed into the
template
    else:
        form = form_class()

    if extra_context is None:
        extra_context = {}
    context = RequestContext(request)
    for key, value in extra_context.items():
        context[key] = callable(value) and value() or value

    return render_to_response(template_name,
                              { 'form': form },
                              context_instance=context)