On 05/10/2010 08:18 PM, Shawn Milochik wrote:
Exactly what directory is your copied template in? It's most likely not in the
right place.

Ensure that you have a template dir that your settings knows about, and that
template dir has a subdirectory called 'admin' where that file is placed.

Shawn

That would make the most sense, and that would be my working assumption. But I can't for the life of me see where the disconnect is.

this is the string that's in the TEMPLATE_DIRS section of my settings.py file:

"/home/llanitedave/Development/djangoProjects/django1.1Training/mysite/admin/base_site.html"

That's exactly the path that my directories show, including my idiosyncratic upper case letters.

I did find the file that my poll app is referencing. Turns out it was in my '/usr/local/lib/python2.6... path instead of my home directory. So when I modified THAT file, it used my changes. However, that still doesn't help, as it's not using the file that I copied to my local directory.

I suppose I can play with a few more directories and see what happens...