( Not sure what happened to the post, the subject appeared, but post
content is missing)
Hi I am currently using 1.1:

For the first time, I'm using a table without the built in
autoincrement field. As we know, the way to tell Django -not- to use
the "id" is to manually specify one of the fields as primary_key=True.

Here is my table:

class Rssitem(models.Model):
    url_key = models.CharField(max_length=40, primary_key=True)
    title = models.CharField(max_length=1024)
    date_to_resend = models.DateTimeField()
    user = models.ForeignKey(User)

When I run the app and my View function is called - the one that
inserts a record into the table - the insert never happens.

I get no error while watching the console.   I know that the values to
be inserted into the table, are being passed into the view, via my
print statements.

Would this be related to some other configuration I'm not taking care,
due to me breaking the usual mold of not allowing Django to use the
'id' field?

The postgresql schema:

CREATE TABLE rssitem
(
  url_key character varying(40) NOT NULL,
  title character varying(1024) NOT NULL,
  date_to_resend timestamp with time zone NOT NULL,
  user_id integer NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT rssitem_pkey PRIMARY KEY (url_key),

  CONSTRAINT rssitem_user_id_fkey FOREIGN KEY (user_id)
      REFERENCES auth_user (id) MATCH SIMPLE
      ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION DEFERRABLE INITIALLY
DEFERRED
)
WITH (OIDS=FALSE);
ALTER TABLE rssitem OWNER TO postgres;