Your Django instance isn't set up properly to serve media. Have you
configured your web server (Apache, nginx, Cherokee etc.) to serve
media? If so, what URLs are they mapped to? You need to set that into
the MEDIA_URL variable, e.g. /media/. What you have now doesn't look
right.

MEDIA_ROOT tells Django where your media files actually reside on your
machine. This would be something like /home/your_website/media/.

Once you have done that, you need to tell Django how to access the
admin's media files. Start by symlinking your admin's media directory
into your MEDIA_ROOT. Let's say you symlink it into admin, so it can
be accessed by MEDIA_URL/admin/

ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX tells how to access the admin media from the web.
It is separate to MEDIA_URL. Assuming the above (i.e. your admin media
symlink is inside the MEDIA_ROOT), you would set it to /media/admin/

Once you've done all that, it should work.

Reference -
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/settings/
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.2/howto/deployment/modpython/#id3

There's also a doc that tells you specifically how to set this up, but
I can't find it at the moment.