On 19 May 2010 00:02, Dexter <a.essel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to sync emailadresses in the django.contrib.auth User model, to a
> sympa mailinglist subscriberlist.
> I really don't have any experience with sympa. So I don't know how this
> process usually goes,
> but what I did found out, is that sympa documentation is lacking a bit.
> I find the concepts they use really vague, but I guess its powerful as well.
> Does anyone know how this is done?
> Grtz, Dexter

You would have to write a management command that did the sync.

Your command could then make use of the bulk load command as outlined here:

http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/database#importing_data_from_a_text_file

All you would need is a management command that either wrapped around
that creating a stream of text which could then be piped in or that it
did that for you.

Alternatively if you wanted to run the django instance on a different
machine (recommended++) you could make use of their SOAP server.

I would recommend having a look at Suds, a really nice python package
for talking to soap services.

HTH
Dan

Dan Hilton