I'm working on an intranet app for a client that will have file uploads. I'm
early in the process, but have the uploading working just fine via admin.

Once we get to deployment, I'm unclear on how to coordinate the security
that django will know about (group X has access to X's files, but not group
Y's),

When I poke around for discussions on protecting uploaded files, the most
recent and seemingly on point discussion is here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2780893/django-authentication-htaccess-static

Which is basically suggesting that one hash the name and hope that no-one
guesses the resulting path.

What's best practice here?

Thanks.

  - Lee