> Can you run multiple apps in one view, and what would be the best way
> to do that.

Firstly you can't "run an app" as such. Think of apps as folders on
your desktop -- they organise and compartmentalise in Django.

> Let's say I have two apps and I want to display some items from app1
> and some from app2 in the same view. I understand that it would be a
> good idea to create a third app, but I don't want to violate the dry
> principals. Now I've seen the template tag pass, and the context
> processor, but I can't really find a conclusive way as to how to do
> this the right way.

Pick which app the view "belongs" to most, and put it there. Then just
"from <someotherapp> import <whateveryouneed>". If you can't decide,
then that's probably an indicator it shouldn't be in either.

There's nothing about creating a third app that violates DRY; don't
repeat yourself refers to duplicating knowledge, not code per se. I
often have apps who don't really do much other than amalgamate
smaller, more tightly-focused apps.

Template tags and context processors are just tools -- you're talking
architecture and organisation at this point.

Regards
Scott