On May 24, 8:24 pm, gvkalra <gvka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I am trying to do something like this:
>
> views.py
>
> return render_to_response('abc.html',{'variable':value})
>
> abc.html
>
> <script>
> dummy = {{variable}};
> </script>
> <script src = "xyz.js"/>
>
> My problem:
> I am not able to use dummy inside xyz.js ....... OR is there some
> other way by which I can use {{variable}} inside xyz.js ??

This is generally the right approach. What is the value of 'variable'
though? If it's a string, you'll need to wrap it in quotes for the
javascript to be valid. Also, the rule with Javascript is that
variables defined outside of a function need to be defined with "var"
to be global.

  var dummy = "{{variable}}";
--
DR.