Hi Django,

I know this has been discussed lot of times but not implemented on
admin because django developers think that django admin will not be
just used for viewing.

Anyways, I need it for my model.

I went through the path but was not able to solve this problem.

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/7150

I think this patch is for some old code

Here what its missing

a/django/contrib/admin/sites.py
old     new
281     281                         'add':
model_admin.has_add_permission(request),
282     282                         'change':
model_admin.has_change_permission(request),
283     283                         'delete':
model_admin.has_delete_permission(request),
        284                         'view':
model_admin.has_view_permission(request),
284     285                     }
285     286
286     287                     # Check whether user has any perm for this
module.

I checked sites.py but none of the above exists now.

Anyone know the recent patch for this.

Thanks.

--RJ