On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM, nameless <xsatelli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Generic field because on my project you can post and comment in Blogs,
> Gallery pages, Foto pages, video pages, ecc.
> So I want to use my Post_comment models for post and comment
> anythings.
> Is this a wrong solution ?
> Are there problems with the performances ?
>
> Thanks ;)

Well, GFKs aren't cheap (or rather, can be expensive).

It depends whether you think that galleries/photos/videos have
posts/comments (m2m from gallery/photo to post/comment), or that
posts/comments are associated with any object (GFK).

The GFK allows you to easily find the object associated with a
post/comment. The m2m approach allows you to easily find the comments
associated with a particular object.

Cheers

Tom