Hi,

When the user enters a site for the first time they should see a flash
version of the logo. All other times they should see a gif image. My
home view looks like:

    if request.session.get('has_visited',True):
        visited = True
    else:
        visited = False

    t = loader.get_template('static/home.html')
    c = RequestContext(request,{
        'visited': visited,
    })
    return HttpResponse(t.render(c))

    request.session['has_visited'] = True

So, i set the value of the session after the page has been served.

Then in my template i have

        {% if visited %}
        visited already, show gif logo
        {% else %}
        new user, show flash logo
        {% endif %}

It seems the Session is always True, even when i clear all browser
info, restart etc.

Could someone tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Thanks