Hi all,

I've decided to upgrade to 1.2 but have hit a stumbling block with the
cycle tag. The release notes here
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.2/#stateful-template-tags
say that because of the new thread safe template renderer that
including another template whilst inside a loop means the included
template doesn't know the state of the cycle tag.

So I understand why this was done but I'm also trying to find a way to
now make my templates work. I always put the HTML for table rows in
their own template and then include them in the page template inside
loops. This is because if I then need to create just a single table
row then I have the template that does that. However I can't figure
out now how to inform the included template which row class names to
use as I've always used the cycle tag in the past.

Has anyone else come up with a pattern to solve this?

- Tom