I haven't tested this, but it seems like you could do it one of two
ways:

Define media root as a function in your settings.py. If you pass a
callable to the template, it will be called.
MEDIA_ROOTS = ['server1', 'server2', 'server3']
def MEDIA_ROOT():
    from random import choice
    return choice(MEDIA_ROOTS)

OR

Use a context processor to add MEDIA_ROOTS to the context and use the
random template tag.

{{ MEDIA_ROOTS|random }}

Steven's custom template tag works too.

Alex