On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 10:57 +0000, Paul wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > The core version was built using Luke Plant's work and Ian Holsman's
> > work, kind of the best of both worlds.
>
> Yeah, once I started looking at the code I saw the commit logs that
> said the same thing. Good to see things growing that quickly.
>
> It's nice to think I was having ideas about solving it in a similar
> way. I must be starting to think Django, but I'd have had no clue about
> implementing it
>
> Can I just say thanks again to Malcolm for pointing me at the unit
> tests.

You're welcome. :-)

> I'd never realized they were there and they're a great resource
> for learning how to use particular features, especially in the database
> API. A number of things which don't appear to be documented in the
> normal documentation have tests with good explanations as to how they
> work.

The tests are used to generate the examples on the Django website:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/models/ . There is one line
in the model-api.txt file that points you to them, too (since they are
on the website, but otherwise hidden in the distribution). However, it
wouldn't be too hard to miss that reference if you were in a rush.

Regards,
Malcolm