On Jun 12, 11:12 pm, jerryLee <jerrymac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed python, I am not sure if I use the IDLE,  or the command
> line, then I downloaded Django, and double clicked on install.py,
> another command windows opened and shut real fast, I don't know what
> to do now. When I go to the python command line, and put in cd django.
> 1.2.1 I get errors, I try import django, and other things, but
> nothing. Please, help me install Django, I am excited to use it.

Quote from Practical Django Projects, Second Edition, by James Bennett
ISBN-13 (electronic): 978-1-4302-1939-2:

Installing Django
Now that you’ve got Python installed and working, it’s time to install
Django and start exploring
its features. You can get a copy from the official Django web site;
visit www.djangoproject.
com/download/ and follow the instructions for downloading the latest
official release (which
should be Django 1.1 by the time this book goes to press).
Once you’ve downloaded the Django code onto your computer, you can
install it by typing
a single command. On Linux or Mac OS X, open a terminal, navigate to
the directory where
Django was downloaded, and locate a file named setup.py. Type the
following command, and
enter your password when prompted:
sudo python setup.py install
On Windows, you’ll need to open a command prompt with administrative
privileges.
Then you can navigate to the Django directory and type the following:
python setup.py install
The setup.py script is a standard installation procedure for Python
modules, and it takes care
of installing all the relevant Django code into the correct locations
for your operating system. If
you’re curious, Table 1-1 summarizes where the Django code will end up
on various systems.