Hi,

We are running a Django 1.0 site on PostgreSQL 8.1 (on a Debian
server). We are using the 'db' backend for sessions. Trouble is that
our users cannot log in to the site anymore, which is quite serious of
course. Users with an existing session cookie can access the site
without trouble, but loggin in does not work.
When the login screen is shown, there is a 'sessionid' cookie in the
response. When I inspect the Postgres database for this cookie it is
either not existing or the cookie is completely empty (only '{}', so the
testcookie is not set). Trying to log in after that gives the "Looks
like your browser isn't configured to accept cookies." message. The
same website in a test enviroment works completely fine. Anyone knows
about this kind of sessioning problems? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Regards, Jan