If i understand you correctly you've got a couple of solutions. You
can define a "through" relationship between Student and Teacher usinf
Techer_profile as the "through" table (http://docs.djangoproject.com/
en/dev/topics/db/models/#extra-fields-on-many-to-many-relationships).
Then you should be able to do:

teachers = Teacher.objects.filter(student__name="Jonny")

I think the ORM should take care of this query for you and select only
those teachers.

Euan