Hi All,

I want to built a django application for hardware compatibility
testing
Some hardwares are compatible with certain mother board. And
attributes of each hardware are different (I use a ugly table to store
attributes), which are compatible with Hardware types, such as MEM as
SIZE, HDD has Firmware ver...

class HardwareType

class Hardware
type=models.ForeighKey('HardwareType')
hardware_type=models.ForeignKey('HardwareType',
limited_choice_to{'compatible_type':self.type})
attribute=ManyToManyField('hardwareAttribute')

class HardwareAttribute
compatible_type=models.ForeighKey('HardwareType')

I use limited_choice_to to limit the available options in the admin
(show compatible ones only)
But it doesn't work. The error is 'self is undefined ...'

Any one here has any idea how to to this ?

Thanking you in advance.

Homer