On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:04 PM, thusjanthan <thusjant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> From a template suppose base.html in your templates how do I access
> the request object without actually passing it via the view. Cause I
> can access the user object using {{ user }} but I can't access the
> get_full_path using something like {{ request.get_full_path }}
>
> Any thoughts?

Sounds like you are using a RequestContext, which is the first step. That
plus having the auth context processor listed in the
TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS setting would give you a template variable user.
(The auth context processor is included in the default setting value for
TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS.)

The context processor that would set request is this one:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/templates/api/#django-core-context-processors-request.
That one is not in the default TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS setting, so if
you want request to be set in all your templates then you'll need to add it.

Karen
--
http://tracey.org/kmt/