On Jun 25, 6:00 am, commonzenpython <commonzenpyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it would give me the same error, but with a different directory,

Which as I already mentioned on mod_wsgi list, and referred you to the
documentation about, this is because Apache runs as special user and
needs to be able to write to the parent directory to create the egg
cache directory if it doesn't exist. The directory you were choosing
still didn't have write access to Apache user.

> thanks a lot guys, i have solved this by putting SetEnv
> PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /tmp as follows

Which will work because Apache user has write access to /tmp, but
using /tmp is dangerous on a system where anyone else who you don't
trust has access to the machine as they could have got there before
you in populating an egg cache in /tmp and put in hacked code that
does other stuff in addition to what was intended.

As a general rule use of /tmp should never be recommended. This is
because even if recommended to someone who does control their own
machine, you can be guaranteed that someone else will come along who
is on a shared environment and see such a recommendation and think it
is okay.

Graham