On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Li Hui <l...@garena.com> wrote:
> When I add enctype="text/plain" to a post form like <form action="/
> auth"
> method="post" enctype="text/plain">, there is a "CSRF verification
> failed." error.
> But when I remove it, all is right.
> Who can tell me why?

Because that is not how HTML user agents work. The post parameters are
not encoded in a format that the server can understand, and so there
is no CSRF token found, hence the error.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.3

Use either "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", which is the default
value if you omit enctype. Use "multipart/form-data" if you have file
inputs in your form.

Cheers

Tom