As Gabriel mentioned, make sure you reran the server after making the
changes (though if using runserver, it should handle that for you). Also
make sure you did not miss this bit in the tutorial:

"Wait a minute. <Poll: Poll object> is, utterly, an unhelpful representation
of this object. Let's fix that by editing the polls model (in the
polls/models.py file) and adding a
__unicode__()<http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/models/instances/#django.db.models.Model.__unicode__>
method
to both Poll and Choice:"