Bill Freeman wrote:
Not buildout specific, but, if I recall correctly, the pages egg
(among others) is not
built in such a way that the media files get included (in setup.py the
function that
goes and discovers the .py files to install only does .py files, other
files must be
added more painfully, and a lot of package maintainers don't do it, and may not
know, because they typically do a VCS checkout or install from a tar,
rather than
from the egg).  Last time I installed pages, after using pip install,
I had to get the
tar and unpack it to get the media files.  I don't recall if that
involved templates, or
just css, images, and js, but I wouldn't be surprised.  The pages templates are
examples, IIRC, and you make your own to stick in
project_root/templates/pages/ .

Hmmm....  the developer of django-page-cms does not use buildout, so I tried
a buildout with django-page-cms as source and it behaved differently.
I still needed project_root/media/ and subdirs, but it started finding
templates.

Thanks for the hints.

John